When in Burgundy it is Beaune that I seek every day and today was no exception. At 13:30 we took the Authentica tour to the Côte de Nuits vineyards to visit Château du Clos de Vougeot. We tasted whites…
– Saint Veran Les Roches Condtrese 2011 (Macon) that trades for E13.50 per bottle
– Chablis Beauroy 2010 A first cru trades at E24
– Mersault les Charoons 2008 trading at E39
And we tasted reds…
– Saint Romain les Hauts Vallons 2010. It trades for E19 and had a pepperiness on the nose associated with young pinots. This was a favourite of mine.
– 2008 Volnay Santeriot Pierre Laforeste – E37 pbottle
– 2011 Cote de Nuits that was oaky because it is still very young and new barrels have been used.