Sun is out, vineyard buds are breaking and the living is easier. Not quite tucking the reds in for a summer snooze but definitely hauling the whites out for a chill. Almost weekend and the weather prediction is… Fine Wine. I look forward to trying the following five wines this weekend:
- Going to Gansbaai for the Funky Fynbos Festival thus must have some Elim tipple. Will seek out Lomond Pincushion Sauvignon Blanc.
- Bouchard Finlayson‘s White from the Sea, Blanc de Mer. It’s light, it’s a Riesling blend. Something a little different.
- Ataraxia Chardonnay. Lip smacking chiseled Hemel-en-Aarde Chardonnay goodness. The promise of good times ahead this summer.
- Felicité Rosé from Newton Johnson. This dry styled rosé has been with us since 1998. From the Hermanus Wine Route this is happiness in a glass.
- Creation Viognier. Not easily led by the nose (I would like to think) this Hemel-en-Aarde Ridge Viognier had me at the first whiff. Good smelling freshness to linger into the early evening.
Enough said. Let’s get tasting.