Living in Hermanus is like being on a permanent holiday. Except I’m not. I’m working quite hard. Granted that I love what I do. Point is, when I need a break I head to my family in Langebaan. Not much planning or preparation required. Langebaan and Hermanus are both situated an hour’s drive from Cape Town – in different directions. What to do in Langebaan?
- Visit Pippa at the West Coast Fossil Park There’s a new museum and a fossil dig with old bones.
- Take long walks on the beach
- Drive through West Coast National Park to bluer than blue Kraalbaai and picnic on the white sand while stretching your legs into shallow aquamarine water
- Pizza at Pearly’s on the lagoon
- Watch kite surfers raise their colourful sails to the wind
- Drink Groote Post Sauvignon Blanc made from nearby Darling grapes
Weekends away presents a time to catch up, experience new places, drink new wines and make more memories. I’ll drink to #weekendtravel