Hermanus is a coastal village with lots to do. Regardless of whether you are having a busy day sightseeing or a lazy day at the beach, breakfast is always a good idea.
- Betty Blue for traffic light breakfasts – red, yellow and green. Go with green – it’s so healthy and filling it will last you a day. Betty has pancakes like you have not seen or tasted before.
- Burgundy Restaurant has front row seats for whale watching during the season from July till November. Dogs are welcome to join the party if you sit outside. Their eggs benedict is one of the yummy choices.
- Dutchies on Grotto Beach opens in time for that first coffee after a walk along the beach with your pooch.
- Eatery has a menu of the day on the blackboard which is guaranteed to be something good and healthy. Start with coffee and a rusk.
- Fusion Cafe, situated at the top of the Hermanus old harbour, has the good and the batter! Get straight onto the cliff path to walk off the calories. This path links Fusion and Dutchies for those who feel like indulgence without the guilt!
- Hermanuspietersfontein Saturday Market is about pancake and bubbly. The pancakes are made by a gentleman from Gansbaai and it is my absolute best.
- Hermanus Country Market for french toast and maple syrup with the crunchiest of bacon. Finger licking good.
- Just Pure for wholesomeness and the best croque monsieur I’ve ever eaten.
- Source at Hemel-en-Aarde Village has oven-fresh ciabattas served with freshly brewed coffee.
- The Milkwood on Onrus lagoon for lazy Saturday coffees and half English breakfast. Unbeatable price and priceless when you consider the views. Ask for extra toast and the homemade marmalade.
And I ask you: How about breakfast in Hermanus?