Driving from Hermanus to Clainwilliam is a long way to go. 4 Hours drive requires a few stops. My first stop was not far from home at the Houw Hoek Farm Stall in Grabouw. When a shop is famous for their pastries and even have their wifi password as “famous pies” you know it will be a reliable place to pause.
Another stop was made on first impressions and we weren’t disappointed. Desert Rose is situated between Moorreesburg and Piketberg and oozes personality. What started as a fresh produce shop advanced to a coffee shop serving yummy looking burgers and selling gifts. Desert Rose ticks all my boxes for a memorable and compulsory road trip stop.
- Convenient and safe turn off. Not one for making sharp turns I like to know that I can navigate with ease to my coffee stop.
- Good coffee! My favourite black Americano has to be exactly right.
- Resident pet. In this case a ginger cat that was friendly enough to walk over for a cuddle.
- Interesting stuff to browse around for a few minutes.
- Clean ablutions for a comfort break.
Desert Rose had everything required from a road trip pitstop and is definitely worth the stop on the Cape To Namibia route.