When tourism organisations get together the conversation almost always goes towards tourism growth. Recently the Western Cape’s Overberg got together and looked at how to develop small town tourism. The following five points were highlighted:
- Use what is there. Tell the story of your existing people and products.
- Provide the right material. Make sure you are on the maps of the area and that your social media works.
- Build on events. Link into region’s event calendar – its free promotion.
- Forge partnerships and make these sweat. Collaborate Collaborate Collaborate!
- Measure impact of marketing and events. Check the numbers, interpret the numbers and make sure to use this intel in your marketing and investment decisions.
We don’t need big budgets but we need a map to plan the route!